So you are looking for an SEO company to help push your business to the next level. That’s great, but what should you be looking for in a company before you make the decision to hire them? Here are five of the most important things to consider before pulling the trigger:
1. Return on Your Investment (ROI) – When you spend your hard-earned money on an SEO company’s services, you want to know that you are getting positive returns on your investment. This is the single most important thing every business wants, right?
2. Realistic Expectations – We all want to hit a home run, but to use a baseball euphemism, sometimes you need to play “small ball.” In other words, swinging for the fences is great, but it may mean you’ll strike out. And, if your SEO team can hit singles and doubles on a consistent basis, you’re will score consistently!
Sports imagery aside, when you speak to an SEO company, if they sound like they are promising you the world, you may want to be suspicious. Not that you can’t be number one in Google searches and get tons of new traffic and business. But there may be times when targeting certain search terms is too competitive and expensive, which may require some creative circumventing to get you the results you need. This doesn’t mean you have to settle. You just want your SEO company to make promises that they can keep. Here’s more information in regards to usa seo company look into the internet site.
3. Exclusive Relationships – Many SEO companies will work with any and every client that they can get their hands on, even if that means a conflict of interest. In other words, they may take on XYZ Auto Repair Services in Anytown, USA, then turnaround and hook up with Joe’s Auto Repair Company who is in the same town. While on the surface, this isn’t an egregious act, it poses a problem. How can you give competing companies in the same market equal treatment?
The goal of any SEO company is to get their client to the top of search engine results, and that is impossible if they take on two clients in the same town with the same business. When you know that your SEO company is working with you and not your competitors, it’s a little extra piece of mind that they have your best interests in mind.
4. Personalized Service – One size does not fit all. What may be good for an Italian restaurant isn’t the same as a law firm. This applies to everything from the aesthetics of your website to the search terms that are targeted. Everyone’s customer base is different, so why wouldn’t your SEO services be different?
5. Happy Clients (Testimonials) – This may be a dilemma for new SEO companies. How do you show a potential client past results until you have… past results. Lucky for you, that’s not your problem.
If you really want to cement your decision on what SEO company to go with, look for proof that they have done a great job for someone else. Any veteran SEO company worth their salt will flaunt their past successes on their website. But don’t take that at face value. Take the time to contact one or two of these past clients for yourself. Their reassurances will make your decision much easier.